• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Bonbons in NYC

Haley

I'm going to NYC in a couple weeks and I feel I need to do a little R&D for my chocolate making hobby 😉.  Any chocolate shops that I should be sure to make it to?  I live in a small town in Alabama, so anytime I go to a big city I try to seek out the chocolate shops, but there are so many in New York that I need to narrow the list to the ones that will blow me away.  I'm most interested in bonbons, since that's mainly what I make, but I wouldn't turn down any chocolate dessert!

Stick with me Sweets, Fika, Marie Belle, Kee's, Jacque Torres would probably the the ones I'd check out. In June the only one I made it to was Stick with me Sweets.

• Like 2

All on Kerry’s list sound good but I’ll second Kee’s since I have been there and like her chocolates.

Also, you may want to visit JB Prince to purchase specialty pastry tools, moulds, etc..

• Like 2