• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Build your own chocolate tempering machine

Madsandersen

2 minutes ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

In browsing around the KitchenAid site I found a fact sheet on the PHMB:

https://producthelp.kitchenaid.com/Countertop_Appliances/Stand_Mixer_Attachments/Stand_Mixer_Attachment_Tips_and_Tricks/Precise_Heat_Mixing_Bowl_Tips

If the large knob is pressed for three to five seconds the unit switches from Fahrenheit to Celsius or back.  It works.  I can now temper in Canadian!

...not that they put the information in the manual.

Excellent!

1 hour ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

I can now temper in Canadian!

Canadians don’t have a temper.  Did you not know that?

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

• 1 month later...

I become more enamored of the Precise Heat Mixing Bowl the more I use it.  Thermometer and temper test superfluous.  I made twelve more bars towards the two or three dozen I need for our work holiday party next month.  But now I'm out of couverture.  And suffering palpitations from cleaning out the bowl.

Cooking is cool.  And kitchen gear is even cooler.  -- Chad Ward

Whatever you crave, there's a dumpling for you. -- Hsiao-Ching Chou