• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Tri2Cook

Tri2Cook

That's the mold I use for 99% of my non-bar stuff but I've never molded solid chocolates in it, they're always filled. But 13 grams per cavity x 32 cavities is pretty easy to calculate if you're doing solids. That's 416 grams, so a little less than a pound per mold. So theoretically, 2 should cover you for your 2 lb. batch size if you're not filling them (with a little left over chocolate so a third mold is probably worth getting even though the 2 lb. batch won't completely fill all 3). But I thought 3 would be sufficient for what I was doing when I first bought them and very quickly learned that, at least up to a point, more is better with the molds you use most often.

Tri2Cook

Tri2Cook

That's the mold I use for 99% of my non-bar stuff but I've never molded solid chocolates in it, they're always filled. But 13 grams per cavity x 32 cavities is pretty easy to calculate if you're doing solids. That's 416 grams, so a little less than a pound per mold. So theoretically, 2 should cover you for your 2 lb. batch size if you're not filling them. But I thought 3 would be sufficient for what I was doing when I first bought them and very quickly learned that, at least up to a point, more is better with the molds you use most often.