• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Mold in Cuisinart Steam Oven Reservoir

weinoo

1 hour ago, gfweb said:

@Shelbyposted a detailed unclogging regimen a while ago

Thanks, I recalled someone had some place.

Edit:  and here's the link...

https://forums.egullet.org/topic/153705-cuisinart-combo-steamconvection-oven-part-3/?do=findComment&comment=2193697

Edited by JoNorvelleWalker (log)

Cooking is cool.  And kitchen gear is even cooler.  -- Chad Ward

Whatever you crave, there's a dumpling for you. -- Hsiao-Ching Chou

I think it was user error.  I remembered the low water indicator went off after water was added.  No, that's not the way it works.  The manual states to wait 30 seconds and then press the program button.  I have read the manual, just not in the last few years.

Anyhow I disassembled the CSO following the @Shelby method.  She is a brave woman.  No trace of algae but there was a bit of "stuff".  I found an iSi brush and cleaned out the tube.  Eventually I got everything back together and even cleaned the breadcrumbs from the counter beneath the oven.

One problem I noted:  the back right corner of the CSO looks bent.  I can't quite tell if this is the way it is supposed to be.  I know I never dropped it and there was no damage to the box.  I still have the box.  I'm tempted to take out my spare and compare the two.  But not tonight.

I even did @Shelby one better.  In carrying the CSO to the sink to drain the internal reservoir, the full drip tray dropped out, drenching me and the kitchen floor.

Tonight's entertainment was supposed to have been watching Endgame.  Taking apart the CSO was more exciting.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Cooking is cool.  And kitchen gear is even cooler.  -- Chad Ward

Whatever you crave, there's a dumpling for you. -- Hsiao-Ching Chou