• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

ENO Stoves

JohnT

I am busy trying to source a new 2 burner stove with oven (all one gimballed unit) for my little boat. ENO appear to be the new manufactures of what I previously knew as a Force 10 stove. Force 10 used to be a Canadian product but I am not sure who ENO are, where they are based and know nothing about ENO. There appears to be some positive feedback about the ENO stoves and, within the marine industry, some pretty negative comment.

Does anybody have any experience or feedback on ENO products - they apparently make domestic stoves and BBQ's as well.

John

Cape Town - At the foot of a flat topped mountain with a tablecloth covering it.

Some time ago we had Johnny Cash, Bob Hope and Steve Jobs. Now we have no Cash, no Hope and no Jobs. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die.

Eno is a well established European company headquartered in France that has made boat cookers for decades. Good stuff. They bought Force 10 some years ago; 2009? 2010? Something like that. Force 10 was a North American company also almost entirely in the business of marine cookers. Force 10 was headquartered in BC Canada where the combined operations for the Americas are now headquartered.

The original plan was to position Force 10 internationally as premium products and Eno as entry-level and builder grade products. That hasn't worked out. The market for Force 10 is principally selling in North America and the Caribbean. Eno continues to dominate European sales. Both are readily available in the ROTW. The good news is that spare parts for both brands are now available from a common supply chain.

Both are easily serviced and maintained.

sail fast and eat well, dave

Dave Skolnick S/V Auspicious

http://AuspiciousWorks.com