• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

teonzo

Cookbooks 2019

4 hours ago, teonzo said:

Many people will be happy to know that this book will get an English translation:

Cédric Grolet - "Fruit"

Teo

Great book...I highly recommend it if you are interested in advanced patisserie....but probably not for the normal home baker

Not 2019 cookbooks, but I recently found a trove of cheap, used cookbooks on eBay. To date, Julia Child's Secrets in the Kitchen, Beard on Bread, Mrs. Wheelbarrow's Practical Pantry, and the Best American Recipes, curated by Anthony Bourdain, have arrived. I think there are two more coming, not that I can recall what they are. The whole lot was less than $20, shipping included.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Some other professional releases scheduled for next year:

Nobuyuki Matsuhisa - "World of Nobu"

mixed feelings about this

Richard Bertinet - "Crumb: Show the dough who's boss"

last years we've been overloaded with bread books, so I'll pass even if he is a good author

Asaert + Declercq - "Roger & I: 42 chefs talk about their mentor Roger Souvereyns"

Souvereyns made the history of fine dining in Belgium, I don't know what to expect from this book format

Nathan Outlaw - "Restaurant Nathan Outlaw"

English restaurant with 2 michelin stars, I wasn't that impressed with his previous books, but I'm curious about this one

Teo

• Like 1

More stuff for the next year:

Redzepi René - A Work in Progress: A Journal

I have ho idea if this is a reissue or whatever.

Takahashi + Yoda - Wagashi: The Art of Japanese Confectionery

Finally this book gets an English translation, I'm happy cause I'm a wagashi fan.

Marcolini + Verlinden + Bibaut - Belgian Chocolate: The Bean-to-Bar Generation

Panoramic on the Belgian bean to bar scene, with interviews and recipes.

Darroze Hélène - Joia

From what I understand this book is based on Joia, the new Paris restaurant by Darroze which opened just few weeks ago. Seems way to soon to release a book, unless it talks only about the behind the scenes on opening it.

Aduriz Andoni Luis - Mugaritz. Puntos de fuga
This seems to be a treatise on creativity.

Teo

• Like 1

Thanks.   I love her recipes and website.

• Like 1