• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

chocochoco

chocochoco

2 hours ago, Kerry Beal said:

Not sure what brand it is - but I have two of them now because I picked one up from the clearance bin in Kerekes for a couple of bucks - couldn’t leave it there! Actually says Gobel on the bottom.

It's useful for marking but not really for cutting anything.

I have looked at the Gobel cutter on the Kerekes website. From the pictures, the blades look longer than the ones from the meilleurduchef's cutters. These ones seem to have the blades flushed with the frame.

Could you confirm? If this is the case, then I think it would be easier to mark with the Gobel cutter.

Which one is sturdier?

chocochoco

chocochoco

2 hours ago, Kerry Beal said:

Not sure what brand it is - but I have two of them now because I picked one up from the clearance bin in Kerekes for a couple of bucks - couldn’t leave it there! Actually says Gobel on the bottom.

I have looked at the Gobel cutter on Kerekes website. From the pictures, the blades look longer than the ones from the meilleurduchef's cutters. These ones seem to have the blades flushed with the frame.

Could you confirm? If this is the case, then I think it would be easier to mark with the Gobel cutter.

Which one is sturdier?

chocochoco

chocochoco

1 hour ago, Kerry Beal said:

I have seen the Gobel cutter on Kerekes website. From the pictures, the blades look longer than the ones from the meilleurduchef's cutters. These ones seem to have the blades flushed with the frame.

Which one is sturdier?