• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Lisa Shock

Lisa Shock

Bad information! Sorry, I was wrong!

Plastic wrap formulation changed in the late1990s to remove BPA, that's why modern wrap doesn't cling as well as it used to.

Also, when I taught culinary school, we had one of those machines that made tart/pie shells from a ball of dough. It was great, you could make hundreds in an hour. We used to sell pumpkin pies as a fundraiser, thousands of them, and we could never have managed without it.

Lisa Shock

Lisa Shock

Plastic wrap formulation changed in the late1990s to remove BPA, that's why modern wrap doesn't cling as well as it used to.

Also, when I taught culinary school, we had one of those machines that made tart/pie shells from a ball of dough. It was great, you could make hundreds in an hour. We used to sell pumpkin pies as a fundraiser, thousands of them, and we could never have managed without it.