• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create an account.

Edit History

Rajala

Rajala

Spelling

Perforated tart frames.

Some people freeze their dough and make perfect strips etc with a ruler. You should also have a perforated silpat and a baking tray to let air go through. Some have pro equipment to make the dough perfect when rolled out.

That's the short story I guess, and technique. Years of practice I guess? And maybe some Photoshop?

You can do pretty good with the right tools, this is my first ever attempt on a tart shell;

image.thumb.png.0c49155871f0c1fefe52d5436689300f.png

Rajala

Rajala

Perforated tart frames.

Some people freeze their though and make perfect strips etc with a ruler. You should also have a perforated silpat and a baking tray to let air go through. Some have pro equipment to make the dough perfect when rolled out.

That's the short story I guess, and technique. Years of practice I guess? And maybe some Photoshop?

You can do pretty good with the right tools, this is my first ever attempt on a tart shell;

image.thumb.png.0c49155871f0c1fefe52d5436689300f.png

Rajala

Rajala

Perforated tart frames.

Some people freeze their though and make perfect strips etc with a ruler. You should also have a perforated silpat and a baking tray to let air go through.

That's the short story I guess, and technique. Years of practice I guess?