• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Yiannos

Yiannos

Added link

David Lebovitz has a fig ice cream in his book The Perfect Scoop which is pretty good, assuming you are OK with the texture of the seeds as they are sort of tough to strain out of the thick base (I never bother). I also like to just freeze figs whole in bags to eat out of hand, they are really good cold like this if you let them soften just for a minute or two. Also brulee them to use as an accompaniment to desserts. 

Edit: here's the ice cream 

Yiannos

Yiannos

David Lebovitz has a fig ice cream in his book The Perfect Scoop which is pretty good, assuming you are OK with the texture of the seeds as they are sort of tough to strain out of the thick base (I never bother). I also like to just freeze figs whole in bags to eat out of hand, they are really good cold like this if you let them soften just for a minute or two. Also brulee them to use as an accompaniment to desserts.