• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

1 hour ago, Shelby said:

Hmmmmm......that could be!  I had it in my head that I used either cider or just regular, but maybe it was sherry.  Thank you I will be trying this!

You remind me. A few months back my dear friend J invited me to lunch at her place and her husband cooked what I was told was chicken in aged vinegar. That is what the Chinese call  matured Zhenjiang vinegar (镇江香醋 zhèn jiāng xiāng cù) and what America calls  Chinkiang, or some such nonsense.

Anyway, what ever you call it, the dish was delicious. I must ask them for the recipe. It will not be withheld.

liuzhou

liuzhou

26 minutes ago, Shelby said:

Hmmmmm......that could be!  I had it in my head that I used either cider or just regular, but maybe it was sherry.  Thank you I will be trying this!

You remind me. A few months back my dear friend J invited me to lunch at her place and her husband cooked what I was old was chicken in aged vinegar. That is what the Chinese call  matured Zhenjiang vinegar (镇江香醋 zhèn jiāng xiāng cù) and what America calls  Chinkiang, or some such nonsense.

Anyway, what ever you call it, the dish was delicious. I must ask them for the recipe. It will not be withheld.