• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Hello From Washington State

WA Guy

Hello.  I enjoy eating foods from around the world, and in locations around the world, and like cooking various kinds of foods, including using sous vide. I heard Nathan Myhrvold speak in Seattle 2011. I finally bought Modernist Cuisine on Amazon's last Prime Day sale. I just made it to page 73 where he mentioned this website and his thread about sous vide, which prompted me to join.

Professionally I'm an internal medicine physician. Accordingly I try to get my patients to eat a healthy diet. I occasionally post healthy recipes to Pinterest. 

• Like 3

Glad to have you! Many sous vide enthusiasts, and several expert s, in here. This group is the cause of my owning a sous vide circulator...and an Instant Pot...and a Cuisinart Steam Oven...and, and, and. Not to mention a ton of cookbooks.

Jump right in. Give us some of your healthy recipes. Or any other recipes or specialties you enjoy!

• Like 2

Don't ask. Eat it.

www.kayatthekeyboard.wordpress.com