• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Golden Girls Cookbook

MetsFan5

I know that Betty White is vegan, and has been for a long time. I saw an interview with her while the show was still in production. The 'cheesecake' they were eating on camera was a vegan facsimile. (Sorry, but I think some dishes shouldn't have traditional, old names if the recipe strays too far away from the classic ingredients. I just don't think that a cheese-free, dairy-free pie should be called cheesecake.) Anyway, I know she won't endorse anything but vegan recipes.

56 minutes ago, Lisa Shock said:

I know that Betty White is vegan, and has been for a long time. I saw an interview with her while the show was still in production. The 'cheesecake' they were eating on camera was a vegan facsimile. (Sorry, but I think some dishes shouldn't have traditional, old names if the recipe strays too far away from the classic ingredients. I just don't think that a cheese-free, dairy-free pie should be called cheesecake.) Anyway, I know she won't endorse anything but vegan recipes.

I didn’t know she was a vegan. That’s going to clash with traditional Italian recipes. 

• Like 1