• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

CanadianHomeChef

New Toy: Breville/Polyscience Control Freak!

I just head out to a thrift store with a magnet in my purse and find a few pots that will work on induction. Watch for the magnetic ones with bottoms that aren't flat though - won't work.

1 minute ago, CanadianHomeChef said:

Smaller pots might overshoot. Happens to my tiny 1 quart. Might happen to thinner pots too. 

My 7ply barely overshoot, even on high. 

I have one little pot - it's an all clad saucier - half the time it's not recognized - other half it is. 

5 hours ago, Kerry Beal said:

I just head out to a thrift store with a magnet in my purse and find a few pots that will work on induction. Watch for the magnetic ones with bottoms that aren't flat though - won't work.

Avoid calphalon then. Distinct lack of flatness in sauté pans. 

• Like 1

I found a truly beautiful pan - highly magnetic, right size, right shape, perfect finish. It had an intentional concave bottom. So disappointing when it wouldn’t sense it!