• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

jaw

jaw

2 hours ago, horseflesh said:

Thanks @jaw. Interesting that the CF is fussy about cookware... that's a trait I already have on my junky cooker and I is not awesome. Do you have an induction cooktop you favor? 

I cook outside a lot -- especially now that I am mired in a months long warranty issue with NXR -- and I need something decent... I am limited to 120V, though. 

you mean a portable induction cooktop? if so, no. i only have a CF. but the vollrath 4-series is worth a look. see this post for my thoughts:

i mostly cook on this miele HR 1622-2 induction range:

https://www.mieleusa.com/e/30-inch-range-hr-1622-2-10902350-p

i strongly prefer it for general purpose cooking. the oven is also pretty badass.

is there room for improvement on this device as well? of course. but it's pretty good. not perfect, but it's imo the best range currently on the market.

jaw

jaw

2 hours ago, horseflesh said:

Thanks @jaw. Interesting that the CF is fussy about cookware... that's a trait I already have on my junky cooker and I is not awesome. Do you have an induction cooktop you favor? 

I cook outside a lot -- especially now that I am mired in a months long warranty issue with NXR -- and I need something decent... I am limited to 120V, though. 

you mean a portable induction cooktop? if so, no. i only have a CF. but the vollrath 4-series is worth a look. see this post for my thoughts:

i mostly cook on this miele HR 1622-2 induction range:

https://www.mieleusa.com/e/30-inch-range-hr-1622-2-10902350-p

i strongly prefer it for general purpose cooking. the oven is also pretty badass.

is there room for improvement on this device as well? of course. but it's pretty good.