• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

jaw

jaw

7 hours ago, KAD said:

I got enabled by these 25 pages to get one of these as well. Off eBay for $850 after taxes and shipping. 
(There was one issue with lines on the display but ah well, I guess I can live with that)

The firmware on this one ( I know no new changes have been made for the longest time) is L1C1.0_1.0.A55, which seems very different from all the other ones on the board so far.

nice, that's a good deal. i'd feel good about it.

yours has the same fw version as mine: 

On 11/17/2019 at 11:54 PM, jaw said:

LbLYA1l.png

i bought it on amazon from a 3rd party seller for 1446usd including tax and shipping.

i can say that your fw is older than fall 2019, but unless you are seeing a "communication error", there's no need to update. and just fyi, you can't update without sending it in because they changed their policy and no longer provide users with fw updates.

btw, i found your auction and saw the pics of your display issue. if you're handy, i bet you could take it apart and fix it pretty easily by fiddling with the data ribbon.

jaw

jaw

7 hours ago, KAD said:

I got enabled by these 25 pages to get one of these as well. Off eBay for $850 after taxes and shipping. 
(There was one issue with lines on the display but ah well, I guess I can live with that)

The firmware on this one ( I know no new changes have been made for the longest time) is L1C1.0_1.0.A55, which seems very different from all the other ones on the board so far.

LbLYA1l.png

i bought it on amazon from a 3rd party seller for 1446usd including tax and shipping.

i can say that your fw is older than fall 2019, but unless you are seeing a "communication error", there's no need to update. and just fyi, you can't update without sending it in because they changed their policy and no longer provide users with fw updates.

jaw

jaw

7 hours ago, KAD said:

LbLYA1l.png

jaw

jaw

7 hours ago, KAD said:

LbLYA1l.png

jaw

jaw

6 hours ago, KAD said: