• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

CanadianHomeChef

CanadianHomeChef

22 hours ago, bpwhistler said:

I have some smaller non-stick egg and omelet pans.  When I put them on the CF, the spring loaded sensor pushes up against them so they don't sit flat against the glass.  Suggestions?

I’ve only experienced tipping on very small pans. For example, a half quart all clad butter warner, which ended up being returned due to the control freak not always detecting it (it was too small). 

I have a 1 quart Calphalon that kind of tips (no where near as pronounced) but it fixes itself as soon as it has contents. 

No problem with 10 or 8 inch frying pans, but mine are very heavy. 

CanadianHomeChef

CanadianHomeChef

22 hours ago, bpwhistler said:

I have some smaller non-stick egg and omelet pans.  When I put them on the CF, the spring loaded sensor pushes up against them so they don't sit flat against the glass.  Suggestions?

I’ve only experienced tipping on very small pans. For example, a half quart all clad butter warner, which ended up being returned due to the control freak not always sending it (it was too small). 

I have a 1 quart Calphalon that kind of tips (no where near as pronounced) but it fixes itself as soon as it has contents. 

No problem with 10 or 8 inch frying pans, but mine are very heavy.