• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Anna N

Anna N

Because I didn’t have my brain plugged in

5 minutes ago, gfweb said:

Cooks Illustrated just reviewed induction plates and said that most are flawed, but liked the control freak and the Max Burton.

In their tests they said that they were pretty much equivalent in every day tasks.

Are they saying that they considered the Max Burton and the Control Freak to be equivalent in every day tasks? Or are they saying that all induction plates are pretty much equivalent? I’m probably just being dense. 

Anna N

Anna N

4 minutes ago, gfweb said:

Cooks Illustrated just reviewed induction plates and said that most are flawed, but liked the control freak and the Max Burton.

In their tests they said that they were pretty much equivalent in every day tasks.

Are you saying that they considered the max Burton and the Control Freak are equivalent in every day tasks? Or are they saying that all induction plates are pretty much equivalent? I’m probably just being dense.