• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

CanadianHomeChef

CanadianHomeChef

As Rob said, Testek is clearing out the 20amp Canadian version. It only uses 1800 watts but requires a 20 amp plugin for some reason - probably Canadian regulations. Canada apparently is getting a 15 amp one. 

I got both of mine on eBay from HomeButcher, which is the account for Rodriguez Butcher Supply in San Antonio Texas. This is the American 15amp version.  They were both listed for $1250 but I made some back and forth offers and got them both for $700 each. Both times they were listed in pairs (2 available) and described as demo units. Not sure why they have so many demo units but maybe they are doing trade shows? (I noticed the one I just ordered was shipped from Detroit and not San Antonio 🤷‍♂️). I hope this is helpful. 

Knowing what I know now, $1700CAD is worth it for this technology. But if you want to wait for eBay, the guy from Testek told me he figures it’ll take a year to clear the inventory. 

CanadianHomeChef

CanadianHomeChef

As Rob said, Testek is clearing out the 20amp Canadian version. It only uses 1800 watts but requires a 20 amp plugin for some reason - probably Canadian regulations. Canada apparently is getting a 15 amp one. 

I got both of mine on eBay from HomeButcher, which is the account for Rodriguez Butcher Supply in San Antonio Texas. They were both listed for $1250 but I made some back and forth offers and got them both for $700 each. Both times they were listed in pairs (2 available) and described as demo units. Not sure why they have so many demo units but maybe they are doing trade shows? (I noticed the one I just ordered was shipped from Detroit and not San Antonio 🤷‍♂️). I hope this is helpful. 

Knowing what I know now, $1700CAD is worth it for this technology. But if you want to wait for eBay, the guy from Testek told me he figures it’ll take a year to clear the inventory.