• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

CanadianHomeChef

CanadianHomeChef

Breville Smart Oven Air from Airmiles arrived today. For a basement suite kitchenette, it’s not too shabby. I will say my kitchen is 100x more functional than it was last week. 

I got a sink on the other side, with a bit of counter space on either side. I also have 3 other induction burners (my OneTop, and two belonging to the landlord) that I can place on those extra bits of counter space if I need more burners. Pretty much use the cheaper burners to boil water for pasta and what not (where temperature doesn't matter). Where my scale is located, that's where I do most of my mise en place. 

Now I just need a smaller Dutch oven as my 7.25 quart one won’t fit in the oven. But I should slow down on my spending 😆 

499BA6AF-31EA-453B-B1D2-971C1AA4DF9E.jpeg

CanadianHomeChef

CanadianHomeChef

Breville Smart Oven Air from Airmiles arrived today. For a basement suite kitchenette, it’s not too shabby. I will say my kitchen is 100x more functional than it was last week. 

Now I just need a smaller Dutch oven as my 7.25 quart one won’t fit in the oven. But I should slow down on my spending 😆 

499BA6AF-31EA-453B-B1D2-971C1AA4DF9E.jpeg