• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Book for Grilling techniques?anyone?

10 hours ago, Hideo Sakai said:

Any idea what is the best book for me? I am starting to love cooking, I just got great recipe of sauces from this book "Restaurant Style Barbecue Sauce Recipes" all I need is the proper technique for grilling. Thanks

I'm not sure if you are located in a place where this book is available but I recently borrowed Mark Bittman's recent book, How to Grill Everything, from my local library and thought it did a good job of explaining things for a beginner.  There are a lot of BBQ and grilling websites with much good information, some of it quite specialized.  If you can share what foods you'd like to start with and if there are specific styles of grilling that appeal you, some of the folks here may be better able to guide you to resources that would best suit you.