• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

PLANNING: eGullet Chocolate and Confectionery Workshop 2019

gfron1

30 minutes ago, gfron1 said:

Anne Reist, Bernie Mueller Gaylene, and Jessica W...I need to give my final numbers to the venue for Saturday's dinner. If you're going please make payment asap. Thanks.

I’m Jessica Washburn :). I unfortunately can’t stay for Saturday dinner. If a spot opens up for Thursday, I could make it to that. Thanks!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kerry Beal said:

Don't forget we have the thermoforming machine to play with as well. Bring some things that might make interesting molds.

I should have realized that you would bring the thermoformer and gone to a maker lab and put a few things together... maybe next year. Will see what I have lying around instead for this year's thermoforming adventure!

8 hours ago, curls said:

I should have realized that you would bring the thermoformer and gone to a maker lab and put a few things together... maybe next year. Will see what I have lying around instead for this year's thermoforming adventure!

No maker lab for me - I’ve been haunting thrift stores looking for appropriate objects. Only bringing two things - a fish and a little statue thingy.

Getting ready to hop in the car. I’m bringing my melter, hand tools, paint brushes, sponges, thermometers, an extra heat gun and blender, and a few books. 

I don't really know what to expect so I’m not really coming with a plan in mind—just excited to meet you all and geek out ;)  

@gfron1, let me know if there’s space for me at dinner tonight (sorry it was so last minute—we’ve had a bunch of family stuff), otherwise I’ll see you all tomorrow!!! 

• Like 3

I’ve arrived and can’t wait to meet everyone. 🎉

Unfortunately my checked luggage apparently decided to go on a separate holiday, so my melter, tools, clothes, etc are in limbo (apparently it’s not tracked electronically once it comes off the airport’s conveyor system). Hopefully Southwest will find it and deliver it to me tonight - fingers crossed 🤞. Luckily I hand-carried the Control°Freak 😊.

• Sad 1

The workshop has begun! Follow the fun here

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

Follow us on social media! Facebook; instagram.com/egulletx; twitter.com/egullet

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)
"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown