• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

South Bend, IN

MelissaH

I'll be at a conference in South Bend, Indiana, next week. The conference includes lunch Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, as well as "heavy hors d'oeuvres" for dinner on Monday and Wednesday. They're also arranging for a bunch of food trucks to set up on Sunday night, as there's only a short window of time between the afternoon sessions and a plenary lecture. That leaves some gaps in the food, though.

Any suggestions for places to consider for dinner on Tuesday night, as well as shopping opportunities for materials with which to make a very quick breakfast each day Monday through Thursday, as well as easily transportable nonperishable snack materials? The AirBnB listing says there's a full kitchen available. The conference will be on Notre Dame's campus; the AirBnB is downtown; I'll have a car but I have a strong aversion to paying for parking at restaurants.

Thanks!

MelissaH

Oswego, NY

Chemist, writer, hired gun

Say this five times fast: "A big blue bucket of blue blueberries."

foodblog1 | kitchen reno | foodblog2