• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Happy Bastille Day!!!

I baked madeleines this morning.  Tonight.....and this is Big News from my little Mexican village....we are going to the grand opening of a French restaurant (only 2 blocks away).  The couple (he's French and she's Mexican) have been open almost a year with a divine bakery and also serving breakfast; while we never go out for breakfast, their bakery is extraordinary.  They are doing a prix fix meal (pate' or salad; coq au vin, beef bourguignon or ratatouille; and dessert (I forget the selections).  

Are you celebrating Bastille Day with a French treat or two?

Edited by gulfporter
I left off the coq au vin (log)

21 minutes ago, gulfporter said:

Are you celebrating Bastille Day with a French treat or two?

I guess I'm celebrating the Mexican side of your restaurant couple's union, we're having tacos tonight.

It's kinda like wrestling a gorilla... you don't stop when you're tired, you stop when the gorilla is tired.

14 hours ago, gulfporter said:

Are you celebrating Bastille Day with a French treat or two?   I went over to Ft Smith, AR and judged bbq if that counts.  I did finish the day with a nice glass of rose from Provence.  

14 hours ago, gulfporter said:

It is good to be a BBQ Judge.  And now it is even gooder to be a Steak Cookoff Association Judge.  Life just got even better.  Woo Hoo!!!