• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Denver Liquor Stores?!?!

Dan Smith

Greetings,

Can anyone give some recommendations?

I'm looking for Ron Del Barralito 3 Star, Pyratt XO and/or Pampero Anniversario (or a good surprise...)

Thanks again all of you...

Cheers

Edited by Dan Smith (log)

"Traveler, you who sail into the Caribbean in silvered yacht or gilded cruise ship, pause as you enter these waters to remember that deep below rest three men of honor who helped determine the history of this onetime Spanish Lake: Sir John Hawkins, builder of the English navy; Sir Francis Drake, conqueror of all known seas; Admiral Ledesma, stubborn enhancer of his king's prerogatives and the interests of his own strong family"

James A. Michener - Caribbean

Dan,

I don't know of any place that has the rums you're dreaming of, but liquor mart in Boulder has a reasonable selection. They have a website www.liquormart.com. You can email them to find out. (Have you tried the big liquor stores, Argonaut on W.Colfax and Applejack in Wheatridge?)

Lizzie

Edited by lizzie (log)

Hello Dan-

As a local Denver rummie, I reccomend Lukas Liqours and Applejacks.

Lukas Liq is in a suburb called Littleton, South of Denver,near the Park Meadows Mall. Good rum selection. They have all the Flor de Cana rums, Appleton 21, Pampero Aniversario, Ron Zacapa, Zaya, Ron Botran Anejo, and bunches more.

Applejacks is the big boy in Colorado. They are out West of town on 38th & Youngfield. Giant store with a great selection of justabout everything, including rum. I was there on Saturday and spent way too much money. They have Doorly's, several El Dorado rums, several from Angostura , Montecristo and some Pyrat rums (can't remember which ones). Be sure to go to the back of the store and look at the glass cases where they have locked up a demijohn of British Royal Navy Rum for $5,000 and two bottles of 50-60 year old rum for $500. apiece.

Cheers,

mike kunetka......

Hi all,

More from the north suburbs: Superior Liquors in Superior (Boulder County), northwest of Denver, at McCaslin exit of Hwy 36 (Boulder Turnpike). Good selection, including Ron Zacapa Centenario 23 year, Sea Wynde, J.Bally 1987, Mount Gay Extra Old, Cruzan Estate Single Barrel, Barbancourt estate reserve, much more.

Lizzie

So, Lizzie, are you a Boulder Rummie?

A great place to taste, for you Denverites, is Rhumba's...here in the Republic of Boulder.

Try all your faves by the glass....

Or further down Pearl you can drop by for some of my Cadenhead 24Y Guyana, or the last of my Clement 15YO (damn, I need to get back to Martinique!!)

r

pearl street rummie :laugh:

I'm

So, Lizzie, are you a Boulder Rummie?

A great place to taste, for you Denverites, is Rhumba's...here in the Republic of Boulder.

I'm not quite that discriminating; I don't limit myself to rum, I enjoy the search for all food and drink experiences.

Rumster's right, Rhumba is great for tasting.

WOW, great help everyone.

I will go to as many as possible. I'm dying to get more Barralito 3 star... My stock is running low, I only have 1 1/2 bottles left...

Thanks again everyone

"Traveler, you who sail into the Caribbean in silvered yacht or gilded cruise ship, pause as you enter these waters to remember that deep below rest three men of honor who helped determine the history of this onetime Spanish Lake: Sir John Hawkins, builder of the English navy; Sir Francis Drake, conqueror of all known seas; Admiral Ledesma, stubborn enhancer of his king's prerogatives and the interests of his own strong family"

As a former Denverite (and veteran of countless Saturday morning treks to Applejack), this thread made me quite nostalgic. But my real question is...

Are the Barralito rums really available in the States?

I just got back from PR a few weeks ago, and I was told repeatedly by the folks there that I would not be able to find any Barralito here. Was I misinformed? Information, please!

Greetings Robin the Former Denverite,

I have purchased Ron Del Barrilito 3 Star at the following locations within the past 6 months:

• John Walker Wine & Spirits - (415) 986-2707 - 175 Sutter St., San Francisco, CA 94104 @ $28.99
  • Blanchard Liquors - (617) 327-1400 - 418 Lagrange St., West Roxbury, MA 02132
  • Blanchard Liquors - (617) 782-9500 - 103 Harvard Ave., Allston, MA 02134
  • Binney's Beverage Depot - (773) 935-9400 - 3000 N Clark St., Chicago, IL 60657 @ $19.99
  • Sam’s Wines & Spirits - 1-866-726-7946 - 1720 N Marcey St., Chicago, IL 60614 @ $19.99
  • Hi-Time Wine Cellars - 1-800-331-3005 - 250 Ogle St., Costa Mesa, CA 92627 @ $27.99

I hope that you live close to one of these locations...

Cheers

Edited by Dan Smith (log)