• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Posthumous Awards for Anthony

I really didn't know where to put this.  Anthony was obviously a universe more than food media.  I'm sure like all of you, I'm still really grieving him - my wife and I watch and re-watch Top Chef and were as surprised as the contestants to have him suddenly come on and fill in for Tom as a guest judge on an episode last night.  I'm tearing up as I write this.  It's impossible to accept yet.  We're trying.  I myself am still trying to find a way back into cooking.  It occurs again right now that maybe Anthony, as frank as he was, was also as compassionate as I've known; a soulful whisperer.

If you haven't seen it, just a little bit from CNN.

• Like 3

-Paul

Remplis ton verre vuide; Vuide ton verre plein. Je ne puis suffrir dans ta main...un verre ni vuide ni plein. ~ Rabelais

For me the most important nomination was the Lebanon one.  I posted on the page and also wrote privately a person I have known for many years asking how to get it nominated.  It was ...didn't win but should have.  It was a incredible piece of reportage.

• Like 2

Nothing is better than frying in lard.

Nothing.  Do not quote me on this.

Linda Ellerbee

Take Big Bites

Totally agree, Suzi.  That was incredible and typical of Anthony.  Thanks for doing that, and for the post reminding me of that. 

• Like 1

-Paul

Remplis ton verre vuide; Vuide ton verre plein. Je ne puis suffrir dans ta main...un verre ni vuide ni plein. ~ Rabelais