• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Hi I am new here. Jamal, British expat in Qatar

Jamal12

Hi, 

I am new here.  Jamal, British expat living in Qatar.  Chocolate  enthusiast. Looking to go into business.  I was a natural soap maker and hand made cosmetician.  So I would like to use that creativity with chocolates.  So I am here to meet new people, get new ideas,  learn more and share what I know with others. 

Jamal

Edited by Smithy
Adjusted title (log)
  • Like 3

Hi Kim, 

I am a Londoner, I joined  an IT job 16 years ago and have been since.  Apart from the intense heat that keeps melting my chocolates it is good here people love 🍫 and they can afford it too.  I also have diploma in cooking so not yet a chef but love cooking.  Want to open a chocolate business here because World Cup Doha 2022 is coming and that would be massive.  If I can get my self skilled and certified  in chocolate making by then  I could do well because the world is going to be here.  So they can taste my chocolates.

whereabouts are you from in the UK?

Take care

Jamal

4 hours ago, Jamal12 said:

Hi Kim, 

I am a Londoner, I joined  an IT job 16 years ago and have been since.  Apart from the intense heat that keeps melting my chocolates it is good here people love 🍫 and they can afford it too.  I also have diploma in cooking so not yet a chef but love cooking.  Want to open a chocolate business here because World Cup Doha 2022 is coming and that would be massive.  If I can get my self skilled and certified  in chocolate making by then  I could do well because the world is going to be here.  So they can taste my chocolates.

whereabouts are you from in the UK?

Take care

Jamal

Actually, I'm not from the UK.  I live in the US.  But, I had a British stepdad who fostered my lifelong love of all things British and I finally got a chance to visit in 2011.  I've never been anywhere that felt more like home to me and I hope that we can make it back someday.  If you'd be interested here is my trip report.  The chocolate business sounds perfect - also the timing.  Keep up posted!