• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Tri2Cook

Tri2Cook

2 hours ago, pastrygirl said:

I've tried grinding coffee beans in with chocolate a couple of times and it's still on my to-do list because I haven't gotten it right yet.  I drink coffee every day but my attempts have come out too intense.  I think your 25/800 sounds like a good starting point, I'm eager to see how this turns out.

Right now, it doesn't need more. The coffee is slightly more assertive than I'd want it if I was just making a coffee almond paste but I think it should settle in nice once I add the chocolate. If it ends up fading too much, I'll adjust it to taste with espresso powder but I'm hoping to not have to.

Edit: still not thinking it needs more coffee... though I keep having the nagging thought that it just might once the chocolate is in. I did add 3 grams of salt that I meant to add at the start and forgot.

Tri2Cook

Tri2Cook

3 minutes ago, pastrygirl said:

I've tried grinding coffee beans in with chocolate a couple of times and it's still on my to-do list because I haven't gotten it right yet.  I drink coffee every day but my attempts have come out too intense.  I think your 25/800 sounds like a good starting point, I'm eager to see how this turns out.

Right now, it doesn't need more. The coffee is slightly more assertive than I'd want it if I was just making a coffee almond paste but I think it should settle in nice once I add the chocolate. If it ends up fading too much, I'll adjust it to taste with espresso powder but I'm hoping to not have to.