• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

“Foodie” Instagram Accounts

MetsFan5

Does anyone else follow particular “food” based Instagram accounts? I follow most of the restaurants local to me in Morristown, NJ along with most celebrity food chefs. “FoodBaby”, while a bit cheesy is cute as hell. I only very occasionally post food to my personal Instagram but does anyone else post their meals regularly? If not can anyone recommend favorite food related accounts? 

I mostly follow chocolatiers and cake artists from around the world, not so much local restaurants unless I know the chef personally.  Which now that I think about it seems odd to not keep up with my local restaurant scene, hmm. 

And Nacho Flay, because he's beautiful.

Oh, okay.

For the great unwashed, like me, Nacho is Bobby Flay's great orange Maine Coon cat, and thence comes the name. I already liked him for trying to bring healthier food to people. Now that I know he's a cat lover like me, I'll pay more attention. Cat lovers are always really good people, in my experience. I have failed to get along with anyone who can't find in their heart to love cats. I think it is a character indicator. I love dogs and other animals too, but folks who can't get along with cats tend to be arrogant, selfish and just demand too much attention. Cats are really very affectionate when you deserve it. Some folks don't deserve it. and I figure that's why they don't like cats. 😼 :)

• Like 4

> ^ . . ^ <

I like Gillie Houston for my daily doses of travel and food envy. She is a young food writer paid to travel to beautiful locations and eat amazing food. She will also take the time to show every cute and fluffy animal she might find in her stories. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I follow a few chocolate related instagrams. That's about it for food stuff. I keep saying I need to add more but I honestly only remember to check the ones I have now maybe once a week at best. I don't think I have any of my own posts on my Instagram, I mainly just made it to follow the already mentioned chocolate related stuff.

• Like 2

It's kinda like wrestling a gorilla... you don't stop when you're tired, you stop when the gorilla is tired.