• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Kim Shook

Kim Shook

On 7/9/2018 at 5:57 PM, Anna N said:

We had lunch at the Pinewood Motor Inn in Espanola (Click).  We both ordered the prime rib sandwich. I had mine with fries and gravy and Kerry chose to have hers with a Caesar salad.   At least this time there were croutons and I believe some dressing in the salad.    

Now I feel I have to tell you when I read the words “prime rib” on a menu this is what I visualize.  What arrived was something that I suspect closely resembles the burnt ends so  beloved by BBQ fans. Apparently our server, too,  thought that she came from the Deep South where such things might be appreciated. Her “youse” sort of grated on the nerves in Espanola.  But she was pleasant enough. The coleslaw was delicious and we ended up enjoying our lunch anyway as we always do.  

FE0777EC-65FA-4F5F-A37E-EFF06B277C61.thumb.jpeg.7ac35dd087067d2098ee9a1bed7726cb.jpeg

Oh, that gravy on those potatoes!!!  

Kim Shook

Kim Shook

On 7/9/2018 at 5:57 PM, Anna N said:

We had lunch at the Pinewood Motor Inn in Espanola (Click).  We both ordered the prime rib sandwich. I had mine with fries and gravy and Kerry chose to have hers with a Caesar salad.   At least this time there were croutons and I believe some dressing in the salad.    

Now I feel I have to tell you when I read the words “prime rib” on a menu this is what I visualize.  What arrived was something that I suspect closely resembles the burnt ends so  beloved by BBQ fans. Apparently our server, too,  thought that she came from the Deep South where such things might be appreciated. Her “youse” sort of grated on the nerves in Espanola.  But she was pleasant enough. The coleslaw was delicious and we ended up enjoying our lunch anyway as we always do.  

FE0777EC-65FA-4F5F-A37E-EFF06B277C61.thumb.jpeg.7ac35dd087067d2098ee9a1bed7726cb.jpeg

Oh, that gravy on those potatoes!!!