• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

20 minutes ago, ojisan said:

Wokshop's website uses the same description for both the round and flat bottom versions - there is a separate page to order the flat bottom version. The link I gave goes to the page that clearly says "round bottom".

There is also a separate "commercial" page for 18" and larger size versions of the same wok.

Following your link takes me to this

wok.jpg.5b78298410f95293cf16841b0d382a55.jpg

The description clearly says

This wok is a heavy-duty 14-gauge carbon steel. The flat bottom is designed to sit directly on an electric coil stovetop or grills to take advantage of all the heat since wok cooking is done with high heat.

Glad see that it weighs nothing, though.

liuzhou

liuzhou

15 minutes ago, ojisan said:

Wokshop's website uses the same description for both the round and flat bottom versions - there is a separate page to order the flat bottom version. The link I gave goes to the page that clearly says "round bottom".

There is also a separate "commercial" page for 18" and larger size versions of the same wok.

Following your link takes me to this

wok.jpg.5b78298410f95293cf16841b0d382a55.jpg

The description clearly says

This wok is a heavy-duty 14-gauge carbon steel. The flat bottom is designed to sit directly on an electric coil stovetop or grills to take advantage of all the heat since wok cooking is done with high heat.