• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

Here is a typical wok set-up in China. This is outside a small photographer's studio near my home.  Mainly passport type photos from what I can see. I spotted it this noon.  Rather than close the shop / studio for lunch the woman photographer makes lunch on the street outside her place.

wok.jpg.f6f6ac12f3f6f99dda46d81c3746e711.jpg

The shop next door is a hairdressing place and the staff there (about 4) take turns each day to make lunch on a similar set-up.  As do many small businesses.

liuzhou

liuzhou

Here is a typical wok set-up in China. This is outside a small photographer's studio near my home.  Mainly passport type photos from what I can see. I spotted it this noon.  Rather than close the shop / studio for lunch the woman photographer makes lunch on the street outside her place.

wok.jpg.f6f6ac12f3f6f99dda46d81c3746e711.jpg

The shop next door is a hairdressing place and the staff their (about 4) take turns each day to make lunch on a similar set-up.  As do many small businesses.