• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Sign in to follow this  
gfron1

The Slow Melt chocolate podcast

I just found out it existed about 10 seconds ago when I saw you post. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It's kinda like wrestling a gorilla... you don't stop when you're tired, you stop when the gorilla is tired.

I'm aware of it, and indeed may have played them all near to my ear.  But since I use podcasts as a sleep aid, I've really only listened to the first several minutes of each episode before falling asleep, and retained nothing 😊

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I am really enjoying it.  Concurrently I am reading several books on the industry.   The podcast gets right into the nitty- gritty of issues and has interesting guest interviews.  The books can provide more detail of course but the podcast does a good job.  

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By eglies
      Hello everyone!

Id like your advise about freezing bonbons. 

Lets say i would start to freeze my bonbons now in the summer for Christmas. Would they last for such an extended period of time?
      Also using natural colouring, would the colour remain as good when i open them up after a couple of months?

Would be great to hear your thoughts and experiences on the matter  
      Thank you!

• By eglies
      Hey guys!

Ive been having some difficulty with Valhrona Milk 38%. It doesn't seem to temper like any other milk chocolate. 
      I melt the chocolate to 45C and then using the seeding technique i drop the temp down to 30C. 
      When at 30C it seems tempered but after a few minutes i start to see bad tempering results. 

Is there something in particular about this chocolate that i should know about?
    • By pastrygirl
      My supplier decided that cocoa butter is now special order so I had to buy a case. And now I have an excessive amount of cocoa butter, anyone need any?  

Cacao Barry cocoa butter pistoles with a best by date of April 2021   $66 for the 3 kg tub or $22 per kg plus shipping. 

• By eglies
      Hi guys,

Please help, I prepare my chocolate in melting pot all good perfect temper leave it overnight in melting pot covered and at the correct temperature, when I come in the morning its thicker and need to use heat gun to rewarm it. I am worried about it going out of temper. Any tricks to recommend?

Thanks

• By pastrygirl
      This looks interesting - I know some of us have lamented the lack of flavor or off flavors of additives to colored cocoa butter - anyone seen or tried these?  Looks like they can be used either to mix into chocolate as a fat-based flavor or to decorate molds as usual with colored CB ...  More expensive than Valrhona Inspiration or regular colored CB, I wonder how they compare in flavor intensity, the Valrhonas I've tried were fairly intense.  I also wonder what flavors brown, black, and amber are ... https://www.pcb-creation.com/pure-emotion-colour-by-pcb-creation/?lang=en

Edited to add: the black/ brown flavors are chocolate, of course! 🙃