• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

New Food Blog post- Sweet Doe Gelato interview

Dante

@Dante, have you tried their goat milk gelato and if so, what did you think of it?  

Or maybe I have read it wrong and you are actually making it?

And where in VT is Upper Valley?  Is it near White River Junction?  Maybe I already asked this and forgot?  I grew up in the Champlain Valley so I know it's not that and we often traversed other parts of VT in order to visit relatives in western MA or travel to Boston but I'm not familiar with Upper Valley.

22 hours ago, blue_dolphin said:

@Dante, have you tried their goat milk gelato and if so, what did you think of it?  

Or maybe I have read it wrong and you are actually making it?

And where in VT is Upper Valley?  Is it near White River Junction?  Maybe I already asked this and forgot?  I grew up in the Champlain Valley so I know it's not that and we often traversed other parts of VT in order to visit relatives in western MA or travel to Boston but I'm not familiar with Upper Valley.

Sorry- forgot that I use a handle here, I'm the one who wrote this, so, per the introductory paragraph, I have tried their gelato and was very impressed with it. Creamy texture, with the richness of goat milk.  I'd compare it in quality to the gelato offered by another local producer, Morano Gelato, which was ranked as best in America by Forbes. 

White River Junction is part of the Upper Valley region, yes (and, coincidentally, is the town where I live). The Upper Valley region is shared by both Vermont and New Hampshire. Hanover, NH, home to Dartmouth College, is also part of the Upper Valley, along with the Lake Sunapee region in NH, and so are are Windsor, Hartland, Woodstock, and Quechee, and Windsor, VT, to name a few. 

• Thanks 1