• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Spraying molds with Neutral Cocoa Butter

spennie

16 hours ago, gfron1 said:

I had tried that a number of years ago thinking it would add to the shine and I saw no effect.

Thank you for your reply .It was for that purpose to try to increase the prospects for a better shine 

Yeah, and as KeyChris said above, working on your tempering is much more important. I can say that in the workshop a few of us are taking right now, the biggest improvement I am seeing is from making my room 20ºC. I had no idea what a difference that would make. I generally use the EZTemper for my tempering (although in this workshop I am exclusively slab tempering), but my room was a little warmer. I would get good but not strunninfg shine. Now that I have chilled my room more each project has had stunning shine.

Edited by gfron1 (log)
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, gfron1 said:

Yeah, and as KeyChris said above, working on your tempering is much more important. I can say that in the workshop a few of us are taking right now, the biggest improvement I am seeing is from making my room 20ºC. I had no idea what a difference that would make. I generally use the EZTemper for my tempering (although in this workshop I am exclusively slab tempering), but my room was a little warmer. I would get good but not strunninfg shine. Now that I have chilled my room more each project has had stunning shine.

Thank you that seems to be a key point that i am coming across .Its summer here in London U.K and is very humid at the moment .We are working from home without any kind of room control .However we need to address this as soon as poss. Thank you for sharing your knowledge guys 

• Like 1

Seeding is probably going to be easier for you to temper by if it's particularly warm, and cooling the moulds as soon as possible after the chocolate is in them if the room temperature is warm will also help. My kitchen is usually 20-22C, but over about 24C it's just too much hassle to do it IMHO. Not impossible, but when everything is that warm it's tricky.

• Like 1