• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Doritos

Toliver

Doritos (from Frito-Lay) have never been shy about launching new flavors. It's sort of like, to use a food-related metaphor, throwing spaghetti at the wall to see if it sticks. If the new flavor sells, then it gets added to the regular lineup of flavors being sold.

Right now there is a new limited edition Jurassic World Blue Grilled Steak flavored chips available.

5b201338e0a5d_LimitedEditionBlueGrilledSteakDoritos.png.bb3707b7ec0b215a8ded4417e3b7fead.png

Has anyone tried it?

Please take one for the team and let us know how they taste.

“Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'

Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.”

– From Fox TV’s “Family Guy”

Tim Oliver

• 1 year later...

"Doritos to Introduce Sriracha-Flavored Chip"

If some rumors are true, though, it sounds like that’s about to change in October, when a new “Screamin’ Sriracha” flavor of the snack hits store shelves. That news comes courtesy of @lasnackdown on Instagram, an account which seems to have insider knowledge when it comes to snack launches like this. Seasoned with the taste of the hot sauce made from chili peppers, vinegar, garlic, sugar, and salt, the chips in an appropriately red and green bag earned a resounding “9/10”.

Something to look out for in the near future...

“Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'

Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.”

– From Fox TV’s “Family Guy”

Tim Oliver