• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

San Antonio

scubadoo97

Any especially good at any price point in San Antonio.  Will be visiting my daughter and boyfriend in a couple weeks.  Looking for anything really good.  Seafood, BBQ etc. .  I am open as far as cuisine.  Looking for highly rated good food 

55 minutes ago, scubadoo97 said:

Any especially good at any price point in San Antonio.  Will be visiting my daughter and boyfriend in a couple weeks.  Looking for anything really good.  Seafood, BBQ etc. .  I am open as far as cuisine.  Looking for highly rated good food 

A personal favorite: https://www.mitierracafe.com/

Loud, Crowded, and Fun! And not expensive! You may have to wait a bit for a table.

I love their Michoacan Special: Carnitas de Puerco. Baked Pork Tips marinated with Oranges and Spices. Served with Guacamole, Pico de Gallo, Refried Beans and Spanish Rice

Now I want to go back!

Photo of my meal from last year.

065E445A-0979-49D1-A21E-8A2BFE14BB6F.thumb.jpeg.3fb5dd88cd8aaa2b83d56d05ec5bb290.jpeg

My favorite was Rosario's. On the edge of downtown (you come out the front gate of the Alamo, hang a left, and it's maybe two miles) in what looks like it might have once been a car dealership building. Good, good Mexican/TexMex. MARVELOUS mojitos.

Don't ask. Eat it.

www.kayatthekeyboard.wordpress.com