• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Wireless over stove camera?

Kahrs

You obviously are going to need one that is rated for being put outside. Those will be much more resistant to heat and moisture. There are several good ones on the market but you may want to look at the Arlo cameras my Netgear as a starting point.

I've learned that artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

What's the goal?

Do you want a camera so you can monitor the stove when you're in another room, or do you want a camera that can capture quality video of work at the stove, or one of several other possibilities.

• Like 3

~Martin :)

I just don't want to look back and think "I could have eaten that."

Unsupervised, rebellious, radical agrarian experimenter, minimalist penny-pincher, and adventurous cook. Crotchety, cantankerous, terse curmudgeon, non-conformist, and contrarian who questions everything!

The best thing about a vegetable garden is all the meat you can hunt and trap out of it!

On that quality video level you might look into some of the Go Pros out there. I know that at least one can go underwater for about 30 feet, capable of handling extreme conditions and has wireless capability. The Hero+ iirc.  But that is several hundred dollars and would be overkill if all that the camera is being used for is checking on things from a distance...