• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create an account.

chromedome

Canada's Moosehead Brewery Opening New On-site Microbrewery

This is literally three blocks up the street from where I live. I'd wondered what the construction was all about. :)

They'll be offering five microbrews at a time, and although they don't say so I suspect the most popular will make it into the regular line if demand warrants it.

http://huddle.today/moosehead-opens-its-small-batch-brewery-and-taproom-in-saint-john/

• Like 3

Lucky you! Moosehead used to be one of my favorite beers. I've moved away from lagers on the whole, but I still firmly associate Moosehead lager with happy times of discovery when I first began visiting northern Minnesota. We'll expect regular reports on their microbrews. :-) I hope they're a success.

IIRC Moosehead was the best-selling import beer in the US for...I dunno, about 15 minutes back in the 90s. I'm not a lager drinker either, so I don't drink either their flagship brand or Alpine (their top brand here in the local market, launched decades ago by the current owner's father). I'll certainly check out their microbrews, though, and give my opinion on them FWIW.

I popped in last night to taste the microbrews and buy a growler. I'm working now, but I'll post some pics and give some initial impressions later on today.