• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create an account.

Sign in to follow this  
chromedome

Starting Next Week, There Will Be a (Gasp!) Vegetarian Restaurant in Saint John

Saint John is a blue-collar industrial town, and (frankly) something of a backwater, but it still seemed strange to me that there hadn't been a vegetarian restaurant here in ages.

The proprietors are well-established in the local community, wife Sarah as a vendor of vegetarian food at a local farmer's market, and Keith as the sous-chef at the popular Saint John Alehouse, where he's been doing vegetarian nights for years. The new place will be called Vegolution, and it's opening next week.

Disclosure: Though I'm a dedicated omnivore, I contributed to their crowdfunding campaign because...geez, no vegetarian restaurant, nearly two decades into the 21st century? Oy. Besides, now I'll have a place to take my sister when she's here from Vancouver.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Sign in to follow this