• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Steve R.

Steve R.

The "old days" were fun.  And AB was a great combination of business, personality & insightfulness.  I met him several times, but my favorite story, by far, was AB's visit (I can't remember which show) to one of the small out of the way places I loved in Queens.  The show portrayed this great food as being served, as an excellent option, at one of the several outdoor tables in front of the place.  The tables were full of happy campers & it appeared as if AB and crew just showed up to find it this way.  Well, those of you who have been around eG for awhile & know the faces of some of the almost original eG posters might get a kick out of seeing who's eating at those tables while re-watching that show.  I know I do.  And it wasn't just happenstance.  And, to cap it all off, the place (except for that day) never had any outdoor seating.

Steve R.

Steve R.

The "old days" were fun.  And AB was a great combination of business, personality & insightfulness.  I met him several times, but my favorite story, by far, was AB's visit (I can't remember which show) to one of the small out of the way places I loved in Queens.  The show portrayed this great food as being served, as an excellent option, at one of the several outdoor tables in front of the place.  The tables were full of happy campers & it appeared as if AB and crew just showed up to find it this way.  Well, those of you who have been around eG for awhile & know the faces of some of the almost original eG posters might get a kick out of seeing who's eating at those tables while re-watching that show.  I know I do.  And it wasn't just happenstance.