• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Yuzu and Raspberry Inspiration by Valrhona?!?! Is this real?

I’ve tried all the Inspiration chocolates. We have a great rep.  The only one I don’t like is the passionfruit. To me it has an unpleasant after taste.  It’s easy enough to get passion fruit purée and it’s so strong a flavor it’s easy to use un a ganache without breaking it. 

I love the Yuzu and for me, it fills a niche. I’ve had trouble finding Yuzu products in the US. Sosa does a paste but I can’t get it here so the Yuzu Inspiration is a great way to add flavor to a mousse if your base is Yuzu juice, cream , Italian Meringue and white chocolate. It also adds flavor to a mirror glaze.  Just sub the Yuzu Inspiration for the white chocolate. 

The strawberry is great as well. I find it difficult to get a really intense raspberry flavor in a ganache. The Inspiration Strawberry and the raspberry allow you to bump up the flavor without adding to much purée.