• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Father's day

Sue PEI

If you're okay with pandering to stereotypes, you could work bacon in there somewhere. Also, a belated welcome from a fellow Maritimer.

“Who loves a garden, loves a greenhouse too.” - William Cowper, The Task, Book Three

"Not knowing the scope of your own ignorance is part of the human condition...The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is you don’t know you’re a member of the Dunning-Kruger club.” - psychologist David Dunning

42 minutes ago, Sue PEI said:

bacon and cheesecake - I wonder...  

Perhaps line individual cheesecake molds with bacon? I have a vague recollection of doing bacon-wrapped savory cheesecakes that way once, but it was during a spate of 110-hour weeks so I recall little of how it turned out.

“Who loves a garden, loves a greenhouse too.” - William Cowper, The Task, Book Three

"Not knowing the scope of your own ignorance is part of the human condition...The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is you don’t know you’re a member of the Dunning-Kruger club.” - psychologist David Dunning

1 minute ago, chromedome said:

Perhaps line individual cheesecake molds with bacon? I have a vague recollection of doing bacon-wrapped savory cheesecakes that way once, but it was during a spate of 110-hour weeks so I recall little of how it turned out.

Im thinking the bacon would be flabby if put in raw. Maybe precook it in the mold first. Or....Maybe a thick topping of crumbled candied bacon (and caramelized onion?). 

Well my dad loves lamb shanks but stepmom runs to the puke basin when she smells it.....SO I'm thinking of doing them in crockpot outdoors for he & I and roasting her some duck wings which she adores  - to ease her pain.  I've done the shanks with success in crockpot before.

• Like 1