• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Crayfish Becomes On-line Hero.

liuzhou

The sudden craze for crayfish in China is just as the article describes. People are going mad for them. Even the local Pizza Hut is doing crayfish pizzas!

I tend to give them a miss. You use up more energy extracting the meat than it provides back. Negative calories.

The Chinese name is 小龙虾 (xiǎo lóng xiā) which means "little lobsters". I don't want "little" lobsters. I want fully formed adequately large lobsters. Preferably with champagne, please.

• Like 5

...your dancing child with his Chinese suit.

The Kitchen Scale Manifesto

Only way to effectively eat crawfish is from a paper tray, leaning over a newspaper-covered picnic table. Snap the little critters in half behind the head, getting your thumbnail under the first pair of legs to break them, too. Bite the tail meat gently and drag it out of the shell. Then suck the tomalley out of the head, and toss the remains. Take a swig of beer, and repeat.

• Like 2
  • Delicious 1
  • Haha 1

Don't ask. Eat it.

www.kayatthekeyboard.wordpress.com