• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Favorite diet soft drinks?

Chimayo Joe

I became a fan a few years ago of keeping a jug of water in the fridge with cut-up cucumbers and limes in it. Still do it a lot in the summer. Sometimes I'll put agave or Stevia in it; sometimes not. And I generally add a handful of crushed mint.

• Like 2

Don't ask. Eat it.

www.kayatthekeyboard.wordpress.com

We live in Ontario just on the edge of the Canadian Shield and have a 150' drilled well (I probably have the depth wrong but Ed isn't here to ask) and our water is so good it's hard to believe.  We have it tested faithfully year after year and it's always been pure and devoid of the bad stuff they test it for and that is a boon.  Alas, I don't really like the taste of water very much although I am trying to drink more of it for health reasons.  OTOH, although our farm is worked by Other Ed, the soil is not too good and that's too bad.

• Like 1

Darienne

learn, learn, learn...

We live in hope. 

My current daytime drink of choice is a half-and-half mix of diet CranCherry and sparkling water. Crancherry's too sweet and strong to drink straight; cut about half and half with  sparkling water, it's just about perfect.

It's sweetened with Sucralose.

• Like 1

Don't ask. Eat it.

www.kayatthekeyboard.wordpress.com

• 4 months later...

I don't much care for flat water.  I keep small (glass) bottles of S. Pellagrino around in case I want some (sparkling) water of if I need it for a cocktail.

There's been so much talk about how people need to drink 8 glasses a day.

Then I saw results from tests done on twins.  One would drink water only when thirsty; the other drank 8 glasses a day.  At the end of the test there was no difference.

• Like 1

I keep cans and bottles of pop in the garage fridge.  Since I very rarely drink the stuff it can stay out there for quite a long time.  When I do need some I often find that it's flat (and one time a can broke open and leaked inside the fridge).   Just yesterday I found some Coke and some Fresca that I knew were pretty old and took them out and tossed them before there's another accident.

• Like 1