• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

5 hours ago, Baron d'Apcher said:

I work on a farm where we raise and butcher lamb and have only seen anything barely close to that fatty from 5yr+ rams (mutton).

Well, it looks like every lamb breast I have been buying, cooking and eating for the last half a century. Spring lamb, at that.

Of course "Agneau de pré-salé" comes with salt and fat. Sublime.

liuzhou

liuzhou

3 hours ago, Baron d'Apcher said:

I work on a farm where we raise and butcher lamb and have only seen anything barely close to that fatty from 5yr+ rams (mutton).

Well, it looks like every lamb breast I have been buying, cooking and eating for the last half a century. Spring lamb, at that.

liuzhou

liuzhou

3 hours ago, Baron d'Apcher said:

Well, it looks like every lamb breast I have been buying and eating for the last half a century. Spring lamb, at that.