• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Report: eGullet Chocolate and Confectionery Workshop 2018

Kerry Beal

12 hours ago, Rajala said:

Looks like a lot of fun!

Does anyone know the model name of that stone grinder? I like that it have a "scraper" at both sides of the stone wheels. The one I have only got one.

Since no one else is jumping in to answer, it is a Premier:

https://www.melangers.com/collections/table-top-refiners/products/titling-chocolate-refiner

Premier04252018.png

Ask me how I know.

• Like 5

Cooking is cool.  And kitchen gear is even cooler.  -- Chad Ward

Whatever you crave, there's a dumpling for you. -- Hsiao-Ching Chou

3 hours ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

Since no one else is jumping in to answer, it is a Premier:

https://www.melangers.com/collections/table-top-refiners/products/titling-chocolate-refiner

Premier04252018.png

Ask me how I know.

You know because the one pictured is yours? :D 

I think Premier is like the main manufacturer or these, or the brand at least. I got one as well, but as I wrote it only got one "scraper". 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rajala said:

You know because the one pictured is yours? :D 

I think Premier is like the main manufacturer or these, or the brand at least. I got one as well, but as I wrote it only got one "scraper". 

They sell an upgrade stainless steel wheel/scraper holder on the website that has two scrapers so if it fits the model you have, that would be an easy way to get two scrapers if you want them without having to buy a different machine.

It's kinda like wrestling a gorilla... you don't stop when you're tired, you stop when the gorilla is tired.

21 minutes ago, Kerry Beal said:

Eat your heart out!

Wow... that looks almost as good as that bagel I just ate. :hmmm: :P

Seriously though, looks incredible. Between that and those awesome looking baked goodies, I'd leave there with an extra 30 lbs. on me.

Edited by Tri2Cook (log)
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

It's kinda like wrestling a gorilla... you don't stop when you're tired, you stop when the gorilla is tired.

I don’t really eat chocolate.

Nor do I usually eat sweets.

I haven’t a clue about candy making nor tempering chocolate (although I understand it is hard to do.).

BUT, good Lord, you folks are amazing!

Hummmm, perhaps I am missing something.:/ 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Okanagancook said:

Hummmm, perhaps I am missing something.:/ 

You're missing the same thing all of us not there are missing. Good company, fun and good food... anything I learned would just be bonus material. :D

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Tri2Cook said:

They sell an upgrade stainless steel wheel/scraper holder on the website that has two scrapers so if it fits the model you have, that would be an easy way to get two scrapers if you want them without having to buy a different machine.

Bravani (sp?) the owner mentioned that the new units now are shipping with two scrapers.  One helps scrape, the other to help aerate.  The newer and the older are interchangeable on the same machine.

9 hours ago, Eat.Choui said:

Caramel corn disaster!!!!!

03A8BF7C-48FF-44CA-8BCB-2D8388707A2D.jpeg

C0F5E8E9-BA2D-4B8D-87F5-33CB7C1DCE2F.jpeg

73FD53D8-0BB0-45BE-9DC8-9472681DFDA1.jpeg

You should have grabbed Bob. He is the caramel corn master.

• Like 1

Ruth Kendrick

Chocolot
Artisan Chocolates and Toffees
www.chocolot.com

5 hours ago, Jim D. said:

Bob,

Google tells me "BLB" can mean a Binary Large Object--or a Blue Letter Bible--or Bare Legged Beauties.

None of those seems to fit the photo. Clarification, please.

Jim Dutton

Jim....Google doesn’t know everything!  

Everyone wants to “Be Like Bernie” (BLB)

9 hours ago, Jim D. said:

Bob,

Google tells me "BLB" can mean a Binary Large Object--or a Blue Letter Bible--or Bare Legged Beauties.

None of those seems to fit the photo. Clarification, please.

Jim Dutton

"Be Like Bob" - usually referring to sitting with a drink in hand! Happy, retired, drinking. 

• Like 1