• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Diana Kennedy at 95

Anna N

Still making her own tortillas and growing her own coffee.

Here.

• Like 8

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

Wow!

~Martin :)

I just don't want to look back and think "I could have eaten that."

Unsupervised, rebellious, radical agrarian experimenter, minimalist penny-pincher, and adventurous cook. Crotchety, cantankerous, terse curmudgeon, non-conformist, and contrarian who questions everything!

The best thing about a vegetable garden is all the meat you can hunt and trap out of it!

1 hour ago, Anna N said:

Still making her own tortillas and growing her own coffee.

Here.

Bernard Le Bovier de Fontenelle, who made to a month short of 100, is quoted as saying if coffee is a poison it is a slow poison.

Cooking is cool.  And kitchen gear is even cooler.  -- Chad Ward

Whatever you crave, there's a dumpling for you. -- Hsiao-Ching Chou

I had the pleasure of meeting her when she came to Ajijic on her book tour in 2010.   She was very vocal about food sourcing in Mexico, and was very much opposed that the government was allowing chilies grown in China to be imported in massive numbers.  It remains an issue http://www.freshplaza.com/article/168544/Mexico-and-China-in-dispute-over-the-chile-de-arbol

After the signing was over, most of the participants hustled off to the buffet in another room (private home).  I lagged behind (I didn't know anyone else in the group, most were from a local cooking club) and Diana asked me if I wouldn't mind bringing her a plate.  I did and we sat together eating and talking about Oaxacan restaurants for about 15 minutes when she had to leave to head to Guadalajara.

Wm4SEOYHm3NC3NGE2wFLNglRO4Wn4AyVcSvyfz_sbrs-0AOZr9CLWxGkSnnRNH5Uj9beiNBoab8UMJbrdtTk0xR-QrBgV44zkJoxkGfBxMOyoEBSgZfvEh-2vszO9e4wn84UlfofAxz30DwM43_P7MO-__CeKVShyJXqhg4pSqanI08K9C_Bba7AOJIRftP_h3YPNIJq3EMiUuBBzxKx9rv03wZ1akEuQAcDXLEdu68UwGkHAeg3REqztOR9ThhzX7Y4CDtH2KfldQpPf0TR9uFaFzYGHaJ7MewBzpBbOvfGHobkXxgzaVjUJqoJAz8nKWzT9jUDOu3Aw1e5Na2ox4hZ9ay_gRPybl5X1sDJeR3CiDRPU14waLLbP3kmEHQuLHWZMLgaoZ7PldzpSJYJFw-R0IZDzdQHIGrmv8Jh6lW9ny7PraTIVljDaGo0LCJ2nT6Q56_43-diWL9eivh8HGlq9DkXxgsJMCKEHiy6ZBKcXKjM2TO1zv1wZvKuPbWkV5veRL39a0IQinvHMsr3FlTxfX1a29O-p0Ck5dsbIiZ-v1UMKg5qo765-4TZVZOLPBFk2S8zAGQ0rUqs_7ZeNAA8ktU8kNbi4bELj8k=w808-h605-no

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1