• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Vietnam Victuals

53 minutes ago, fondue said:

I can't go back and quote the posted picture

Why not?

53 minutes ago, fondue said:

Beta vulgaris, since you like to list things by genius and species name!

Genius?

Beta vulgaris covers a lot more than Swiss chard.

...your dancing child with his Chinese suit.

The Kitchen Scale Manifesto

3 minutes ago, liuzhou said:

Why not?

Genius?

Genus.  I'm gonna blame auto-correct on this one.

Wikipedia is my source; beta vulgaris is a big family, but they are all tasty.

40 minutes ago, liuzhou said:

Why not?

Genius?

don;t be a goof - genus Pretty common veg in the US

• Confused 1

@liuzhou -  So odd how things happen.  This popped up New Content today and apparently I’d somehow missed the entire thread because it took me to your first post.  I’m reading along fascinated and salivating and come upon your post about Bánh Xèo, which is one of my favorite things that I’ve ever tasted.  There were only 2 restaurants that we could find that serve them in our town and the one that had the best closed.  This morning, I was determined to clean out all the stuff I’ve saved and bookmarked on my computer and came across a blog post/recipe for… Bánh Xèo!  It is by some Australian fellow who fell in love with it somewhere and couldn’t ever find it, so he did some research and experiments and promises it will be earth shaking.  We’ll see.  But the point is that after the giant clean out, I came to eG, opened this thread and there it was!  Thank you for doing this report back then.  I’m glad I stumbled upon it!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1