• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

One thing the Vietnamese do enjoy of an evening is a bit of grilled/BBQ'd meat with a few beers.  I do too, but didn't partake as it is very much a communal activity and I was there alone most of the time.

But every day as I left the hotel to attend to business, I had to pass this large grill place and negotiate my way around the sidewalk to get past where, each morning, they started roasting a whole pig in preparation for the evening trade. They did a second in the afternoon. The head and feet have been removed to be used in another manner.

IMG_8382.thumb.jpg.58868ab187592372703ecdf07cc3025b.jpg

IMG_8384.thumb.jpg.5b9e07dece2fa8bd3b2650ea4fa719ab.jpg

liuzhou

liuzhou

One thing the Vietnamese do enjoy of an evening is a bit of grilled/BBQ's meat with a few beers.  I do too, but didn't partake as it is very much a communal activity and I was there alone most of the time.

But every day as I left the hotel to attend to business, I had to pass this large grill place and negotiate my way around the sidewalk to get past where, each morning, they started roasting a whole pig in preparation for the evening trade. They did a second in the afternoon. The head and feet have been removed to be used in another manner.

IMG_8382.thumb.jpg.58868ab187592372703ecdf07cc3025b.jpg

IMG_8384.thumb.jpg.5b9e07dece2fa8bd3b2650ea4fa719ab.jpg